Relying on word of mouth alone isn’t going to help scale your business.
So, what can you do?
It’s simple – you can build authority content.
You know what you can deliver to your clients. You’ve spent years building your expertise and you’ve got a great body of work. But you’re not showing it off in your content.
By creating authority content, you’re showing the world that you’re a reliable expert in your field.
Here’s how to do it.
- There’s a lot of useful info in that content that you’re sharing now, but you have to add sizzle.
- Your big stories add sizzle.
- The proof points give you extra seasoning. But, what are proof points?
- Let me give you a quick example: if you worked with a client and helped them get great results, talk about that success.
- Talk about what you did for them and how you got the results.
- Break it down into individual client cases.
The key is to season your content with proof points to build your authority.
Now, don’t forget about the big three.
When you think about authority, there are 3 things you need to hit.
You need to make it:
1. Quantifiable – “I helped John 3x sales.”
2. Logical – “By doing XYZ she was able to sell in a whole new market.”
3. Emotional – “John was ecstatic that he had enough revenue to take a vacation with his family.”
These techniques can help you use your own stories and achievements to inject authority into your content.
That’s what gets you more traffic and leads in the long run.